Sunday, January 4, 2015

The Taking



I was less than
A Score in age...
As it all began
A slave to rage
The Anger had drawn
Me into dreary abuse
All faith was gone
Head in a noose
Life had been feeding
Me with the left hand
My soul was bleeding
Head deeper in the sand
I was visited
Out of Hell
Visited? No inhabited
I its feeble shell
On the verge of insanity
Were I ever sane
I questioned my sanity
Seeking deliverance from pain
My aquaintance with alcohol
My affair with weed
Made it easy for my soul
To continue to bleed
For the moment numb
Holding maybe for a fortnight
I was so dumb
To give up the fight
The blackouts multiplied
More often I were he
That dwelled deep inside
He I wished not to be
I have no recollection
Of my Hyde.... of my Howdy
Just a faded reflection
Of my inner rowdy
The tales told
I took as tall
How blood ran cold
As he came to call
The fear of my eyes
The effort to avoid
Told therein lies
Naught as Hell's void
Though Long muted
Unsure if I reside
Alone and undisputed
Deep down inside
© Jerry Langdon 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment