Sunday, January 4, 2015

Ruthless sands




the glow in the sky

sunset refusing to die

keeps on burning

my heart is yearning

under these burning skies

only close my eyes

plagued with fears

open them in tears

where hope is my foe

just have to know have to await

or become bullet bait

under blistering sun hung high

where screaming bombs fly

until the sun sinks from sight

leaving but bitter cold night

the glow in the sky

sunset refusing to die

keeps on burning

wheels are turning

press of into the black

days of sleep I lack

skin is molten steel

not allowed to feel

thought leads to despair

better not to care

time is but a singularity

tomorrow only today's plurality

the sands of time are ruthless

I know I was witness

I spit on them

I shit on them

when I came to rest

'twas upon their breast

© Jerry Langdon

No comments:

Post a Comment