Sunday, January 4, 2015

Sanity's Peril



No matter ticking hour
If deep night, or mid day
The chill fades not away...
Undeminished in its power
Unfaultered my heart`s rage
As I write upon this page
Occurrences that may cause it to fail
( I can imagine I must be pale)
Yet that Hideous sight
Much more than simple fright
Dwelling deep within my mind
( Lord; were I blind)
Unable to see this terror
That stalks me without error
Taken my sanity hostage
Causing my heart to rage
Oh, how, I wish this to cease
Desperately pleading, straining for release
From this taunting Hell
The shadows that surround me
But a twig to a tree
In comparison to the horror I've seen
A fragment of monsters I've been between
Nightmares that dwell
In perils undreamt in Hell

© Jerry Langdon 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment