Tuesday, October 14, 2014

When it's gone



I can't fix what's been harmed
But my heart is armed
And it's at war...
Fighting like never before
I can feel the coming rain
Pour out my pain
I can't give back yesterday
Can't bring back what's gone away
All I know is that I loved you
And that I still do
That makes it so hard
To play the right card

So tell me
Why you loved me
Just one more time
Now tell me why you left me
And it's not worth a dime
All along I've been fighting
Ignoring how my guts were biting
Eating at my substance
Waiting on your acceptance
Guess that never happened
And wounds won't mend
The war that rages
Has gone on for Ages
Taking no prisoners
Making things worse
Only want to know why
I never heard the cry
So tell me
How you loved me
Just one more time
Now tell me why you hurt me
Like I committed a crime
Please tell me
Why you loved me
One last time
Now tell me
Why you left me
And it's not worth a dime
© Jerry Langdon 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment