Sunday, January 29, 2017

Comatose Nightmare


The shadows which fall
O'er land and vale,
Circle twere they derelict walls.
Echoes in the silence hail
Mountains rise,
Terrors rain,
Blackened skies.
Omen of pain.
Algorithmic rhymelessness;
Can't make head nor tails.
The clock ticks timeless,
Upon these distraught trails.
Raven encaged,
Wings spread,
Tongue enraged,
Speech dead.
Oh what slithering beast
That dareth to feast
'pon unspoken words in wait?
It lieth luring bait
'fore unleashing from lung.
Venom which lames the tongue.
Silenced in dismal dream.
Heart dancing death's flamenco.
Mind deafend by muted scream.
The darkness won't let go.
Locked away w'out key.
Prisoner in my mind's maze
Darkness and madness plaguing me.
I fade to this etheral haze.
Drown in Morpheus' ichor.
Swim in the deep end of nevermore.
Sink in my heart's wordless song.
Uncertain what is wrong.
Am I dead and dreaming, or dreaming I'm dead?
Naught can answer my distraught head.
© Jerry Langdon 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment