Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Hell's Halls







A  banshee wail fell
Breaching the silence
Of this deserted stairwell
A tortured hail of pain
Echoing without resistance
In haunting refrain
Chilling to the bone
Source still unknown
Dead silence did fall
Naught a heartbeat heard
As though time stood still
Throughout the abandoned hall
Not a whispered word
Penetrated this muted ill
I dared to venture
Of my findings sure
Some domestic fight
Behind one of the doors
That shook the walls
Not meant for public sight
But fled over the floors
As frightening banshee calls
Finally reaching my Goal
Where Time's decrepit finger fell
The cry shattered my Soul
This gate to Hell
What I had found
I never dreamt to find
Left me without Sound
Struck me blind
In these halls I roam
Death has made its home
© Jerry Langdon 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment